08 Sep KB Advisory Group’s Tax Allocation District (TAD) Expertise
KB Advisory Group (KB) has earned the distinction as a “go-to” firm for Tax Allocation Districts (TADs) in Georgia.
Since our founding in 2001, KB has written numerous Redevelopment Plans establishing more than 50 TADs throughout the state.
KB’s TAD EXPERIENCE and HISTORY
KB’s TAD Expertise: Including current projects, KB has helped create over 50 TAD Redevelopment Plans for cities and counties in the past two decades. KB often works directly with jurisdictions to get those plans approved by elected bodies. No other Georgia consulting firm has a greater depth of experience or a more successful record producing Redevelopment Plans, creating and implementing TADs.
KB’s TAD History: With over 20 years of experience, we have intimate knowledge of the workings of local and regional real estate markets. In addition to successfully creating and implementing TADs, we also consult with many key players in the industry. As a result, KB knows Georgia’s real estate development community well, and our clients will likely execute future TAD projects. KB brings this breadth of knowledge to help public and private sector clients evaluate and implement tax increment financing.
GEORGIA COMMUNITIES, KB, and TADs
Based on experience and results, KB has a reputation for assisting communities with implementing successful projects induced by Georgia TADs.
KB’s TAD expertise has aided numerous cities and counties obtain funding for individual redevelopment projects. Typical services include writing Redevelopment Plans and providing various implementation services. Efforts also involve developer recruitment, financial analysis of proposals, and negotiating terms of transactions. Since 2017, the following communities passed the TAD Redevelopment Plans KB wrote for them:
SOME of KB’s TAD SUCCESSES and RESULTS
- As a direct consequence of financial incentives made possible by TADs, and KB TAD expertise, the pipeline of completed and planned private real estate developments attracted to the communities listed above now totals several hundred million dollars.
- KB recently prepared Redevelopment Plans for two counties, which were subsequently approved, and consequently secured $35 million+ in incentive agreements to attract private investment.
WHY KB? OUR TAD EXPERTISE
KB’s TAD expertise is evident in our record of assisting communities in implementing successful TAD projects.
- The team has the background, experience, and interest to provide the tools that help advance discussions and gain approvals for TADs.
- The result? Financing and completion of these ambitious tax increment financing projects.
KB’s TAD expertise includes developer recruitment, financial analysis of proposals, and negotiating terms of transactions.
- The firm has a unique perspective on the intersection of public policy and actual deal structuring essential to success.
- The team is enthusiastic about TADs and prepared to assist with all related tasks.
- The team remains engaged through the completion, adoption, certification, consent negotiation, and implementation of TAD Redevelopment Plans.
See the live links below for other KB TAD Case Studies and more information about the firm’s TAD work.
Revisiting the Union City Town Center TAD
KB’s Duluth History: It includes TADs
Planning and TAD Advisory Services for the City of Douglasville, Georgia
What is a Tax Allocation District or TAD?
Not familiar with Tax Allocation Districts? Georgia Main Street describes TADs as a “mechanism for revitalizing blighted or underutilized areas such as brownfields, declining commercial corridors, and industrial sites.” It is a process that involves designating a TAD and dedicating future taxes over and above the current tax base for a set period to cover the costs of a variety of development activities, including “infrastructure, buildings, or other improvements needed to spur new, higher density development.”
All Redevelopment Plans conform with the Georgia Redevelopment Powers Law (O.C.G.A. Title 36 Chapter 44), which governs the creation of the state’s Tax Allocation Districts (TADs).