06 Jun Tucker Economic Development Strategic Plan
Location: Tucker, GA
Client: City of Tucker, GA
Lead Consultant: KB Advisory Group
Services provided: Economic Analysis – Existing Conditions, Target Industries, Strategy Formation
KB Advisory Group leads the City of Tucker’s first Economic Development Strategic Plan
KB Advisory Group (KB) Scope
Acting as the lead for the consulting planning team that included Urban Pulse and the Willdan Group, KB oversaw the formation of the City of Tucker’s first Economic Development Strategic Plan.
This plan aimed to guide the City’s near-term economic development policies, programs, and investments over the subsequent five years and make the Tucker Tomorrow Comprehensive Plan vision a reality.
The firm helped the City of Tucker conduct multiple public meetings, business and community focus groups, and interviews with City Staff and members of City Council to develop a SWOT (Strategies, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) Analysis for the City.
Results from the public were integrated with the technical analysis conducted on Tucker’s demographic and economic profile. These findings were used to establish the baseline of where the City stood today as well as what aspects of the City’s economic base had the most influence in shaping its economic outlook. Combined with regional momentum drivers, the industry and workforce trends within Tucker were used to ascertain target industries for the City’s Economic Development Team to focus their efforts over the next five years.
Findings from the public input and technical analysis include:
- A well-educated workforce, high-earning households, and racial and ethnic diversity;
- Diverse industries that serve as critical assets to a resilient local economy grounded by the existing employment cores;
- A strong prevalence of small to medium-sized businesses;
- Professional Services, Manufacturing, and Healthcare as target industries.
The final Economic Development Strategic Plan concludes with an implementation plan that comprises action items for the City’s Economic Development Team over the next five years. These action items are grouped under the following initiatives:
- Economic Development Capacity Building
- Business Retention and Attraction (BRA) Program
- Major Projects Accelerator
- Visibility, Marketing, and Branding
- Business and Developer Programming
Live Link to the Completed Economic Development Strategic Plan (EDSP)
Live Link to Remarks about the EDSP from Tucker’s Economic Development Manager, Jackie Moffo, in the May 2023 Issue of the InTucker Magazine (page 11)