30 Mar Braselton Comprehensive Plan Update
Location: Jackson, Barrow, Gwinnett, and Hall counties, GA
Client: The Town of Braselton, GA
Lead Consultant: TSW
Services provided: Economic Analysis – Existing Conditions, Housing and Market Study
2020 Comprehensive Plan Update for Braselton, GA
KB Advisory Group (KB) Scope
The firm performed several services supporting the TSW Comprehensive Plan Update process for the Town of Braselton, GA, at the ‘heart’ of Jackson, Barrow, Gwinnett, and Hall counties.
The update created a 20-year policy document to guide growth. KB focused on the analysis and strategies to promote the Braselton community’s needs, goals, and objectives. The firm’s Economic Analysis for the Braselton Comp Plan incorporated recommendations and development strategies for the Braselton Community Work Plan.
The firm’s analysts conducted a comprehensive data and existing conditions assessment for the effort. KB examined significant demographic and economic trends impacting the future economic and housing development in Braselton, GA. That included economic drivers like Chateau Elan Winery & Resort and Road Atlanta, nearby amenities.
The KB Housing and Market Study incorporated the four counties Braselton occupies. It detailed the Town’s economic, demographic, and real estate characteristics. That will ensure that the locations, facilities, and infrastructure identified in the Comp Plan support job growth and are compatible with desired development patterns.
The firm provided commercial real estate node assessments. KB also performed a target industry analysis to support the needs of the industries the Town planned to market. The information in the Housing and Market Study helped determine what future economic demand would look like in Braselton.
KB’s Braselton Housing and Market Study included findings such as:
- The Braselton area is beginning to shift toward a more aged population by 2040.
- While still nominal, Braselton’s market share of the four counties’ commercial real estate has increased steadily in the past 20 years.
- An active project pipeline suggests that the growth will continue.
- Unlike many small Georgia towns, Braselton is more than just a place to sleep; the daytime population increases instead of declines.
- The Town’s net job inflow is a testament to its growing worker base.